The Bear and the Moon
A Chicago Public Library Best of the Best Book of 2020
A Kirkus Reviews Best Book of 2020, Picture Books
By Matthew Burgess
Illustrated by Catia Chien
The Bear and the Moon is a picture book that follows what happens when the gift of a balloon floats into Bear's life.
The two companions embark on a journey—a magical tale that encompasses the joys of friendship and discovery.
This is a gentle book filled with humor, while tackling complex topics like the transcendence of loss and forgiveness.
• Filled with emotive text and radiant illustrations
• Simply told and profoundly felt
• Award-winning author-illustrator team
The Bear and the Moon is a compassionate tale that honors the small but profound world of the very young.
This sweet book teaches social and emotional skills to kids, and offers a clever way to soothe some of our most difficult feelings: loss and guilt.
• Just as ideal for gently soothing young readers to sleep as it is for encouraging a contemplative break from an energetic day
• Great for parents, grandparents, and caregivers looking for a beautiful friendship or bedtime story
• Resonates year-round as a go-to gift for birthdays, holidays, and more
• Perfect for children ages 3 to 5 years old